MALAYSIA, MY HOME" PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
9 JULY – 13 AUGUST 2018
- Deadline: 13 August 2018
- Entry fee: Free
- Exhibition: 31 August – 16 September 2018 @ Jaya Shopping Centre Section 14, PJ
- Submission: JSCphotocontest@pspj.org
Jaya Shopping Centre is the organiser of the “FASCINATING MALAYSIA, MY
Contest in collaboration with the Photographic Society of Petaling Jaya.
This contest is divided into two categories: Open Category and Student Category. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners of
both categories consisting of 3 main cash prizes and 5 consolation cash prizes
for each category.
Grand Prize: RM3,000 Cash
2nd Prize: RM1,000
3rd Prize: RM500
Consolation: RM100 x 5
Grand Prize: RM1,000 Cash
2nd Prize: RM500
3rd Prize: RM300
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Jaya Shopping Centre is the
organiser of the “FASCINATING
MALAYSIA, MY HOME” Photography
Contest in collaboration with the Photographic Society of Petaling Jaya. By
entering this contest, participants hereby accept the following terms and
- This contest is open to Malaysian
citizens aged 16 years and above, except employees of Jaya Section
Fourteen Sdn. Bhd., Mapletree Investment Pte. Ltd., its advertising
companies, tenants of Jaya Shopping Centre and their immediate family.
- This contest is divided into 2
categories: Open Category and Student Category
- Participants below 18 years old will be automatically included in
the Student Category.
- Winning entries in other photography
competitions in the past and entries that have been published or used for
commercial purposes (excluding on social media) will not be eligible.
- Submitted photographs should portray the multicultural beauty of
Malaysia in which subjects may include: People,
Culture, Street, Nature and Landscape.
- Entries must be submitted from 9 July 2018
until 13 August 2018 via email to JSCphotocontest@pspj.org
- Submissions after the
deadline will not be entertained.Photos should be in JPEG format and must be at least 12 megapixels.
Photographs must be taken
anywhere within Malaysia from January 1, 2017 onwards. Each participant can
submit up to 10 photographs ONLY.
Each email submission may
contain more than one photograph. Each email must include the following
together with the photographs:
a) Name of the photographer (as in
b) MyKad number
c) Email address
d) Phone number
e) Category: Open or Student
(if student, please
provide name of the school or educational institution and Student I.D. number.)
f) Caption in English and/or
Bahasa Malaysia (not more than 20 words)
g) Location (of photography)
3. The file name
of each photograph must include the name of the photographer, MyKad
number, and if several images are submitted, the picture number should
added (sequenced 1, 2, 3 etc.)
4. Digital manipulation that distorts
the reality of the photographs will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements
such as adjustments for exposure, contrast, colour,
sharpness, or minor
cropping will be allowed.
5. Photographs must not have signatures, logos, date stamps or any other
forms of watermark. Any obscene, political, racist, offensive or inappropriate
entries that do not
comply with the terms and conditions or that are not
relevant to the theme will be disqualified.
6. The participant must be the author and own the copyright of the
submitted photographs. Copyright of the photographs will remain with the
However, the photographer grants the organiser the right to use
the images for marketing and promotional purposes related to the contest.
use of the photographs will include the name of the photographer. Commercial
use of the photographs will require the consent of the photographer.
7. The organisers will not be responsible for any legal implications that
arise from the submitted photographs.
Judging & Winner Announcement
- Judging will be based on the
originality, creativity and technical quality of images that conform to
- The judges’ decision is final and no
correspondence will be entertained.
- The judging panel reserves the right
to reject any submission without having to give notice or explanation to
- Winners will be announced on 20 August 2018.
- Finalists and winners will be contacted through phone or by email from Jaya Shopping Centre.
- Shortlisted entries will be exhibited in Jaya Shopping Centre from 31 August 2018 to 16 September 2018.
- The organiser reserves the right to
change, amend or add any terms and conditions to the contest without prior
- By participating in this contest,
participants hereby consent Jaya Shopping Centre to process the
information received according to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
(PDPA) for publicity, marketing and promotional purposes.
- By submitting your entry and photograph to this contest, participants agree to abide by and be bound by the Terms & Conditions.
information, kindly email the event coordinator: Photographic Society of
Petaling Jaya at JSCphotocontest@pspj.org